Transhumanism “promotes an interdisciplinary approach to understanding and evaluating the opportunities for enhancing the human condition and the human organism opened up by the advancement of technology”. – Nick Bostrom (2003)
Transhumanism, “social and philosophical movement devoted to promoting the research and development of robust human-enhancement technologies. Such technologies would augment or increase human sensory reception, emotive ability, or cognitive capacity as well as radically improve human health and extend human life spans. Such modifications resulting from the addition of biological or physical technologies would be more or less permanent and integrated into the human body“. – Britannica Online (2019)
Transhumanism “is a class of philosophies of life that seek the continuation and acceleration of the evolution of intelligent life beyond its currently human form and human limitations by means of science and technology, guided by life-promoting principles and values“. – Max More (1990)
Transhumanism “the study of the ramifications, promises, and potential dangers of technologies that will enable us to overcome fundamental human limitations, and the related study of the ethical matters involved in developing and using such technologies“.
WHY IS TRANSHUMANISM IMPORTANT?
Broadly speaking, transhumanism is a movement seeking to advance the cause of post-humanity. It seeks to break humans free from their fundamental flaws which are inherent from the evolutionary process of the Darwinian brain.
In short, Transhumanists advocate the improvement of human capacities through advanced technology. Transhumanists like myself, Steele Archer, want to see the realisation of a Baconian vision of “the relief of man’s estate,” as they allow us to conquer disease, eliminate unhappiness, end scarcity and postpone, perhaps indefinitely, death itself.
WHAT ARE SOME TRANSHUMANIST TECHNOLOGIES?
Here are some cool techs to help this cause:
- Cryonics “Cryonics is much more than just the science of “freezing,” because our objective is life after revival, with renewed youth and extended lifespans. We want to make this a reality.” Dennis Kowalski – President
- Virtual Reality “Virtual reality (VR), the use of computer modeling and simulation that enables a person to interact with an artificial three-dimensional (3-D) visual or other sensory environment.“
- Gene Therapy/RNA Interference
- Space Colonization “There needs to be an intersection of the set of people who wish to go, and the set of people who can afford to go…and that intersection of sets has to be enough to establish a self-sustaining civilisation. My rough guess is that for a half-million dollars, there are enough people that could afford to go and would want to go. But it’s not going to be a vacation jaunt. It’s going to be saving up all your money and selling all your stuff, like when people moved to the early American colonies…even at a million people you’re assuming an incredible amount of productivity per person, because you would need to recreate the entire industrial base on Mars. You would need to mine and refine all of these different materials, in a much more difficult environment than Earth. There would be no trees growing. There would be no oxygen or nitrogen that are just there. No oil.Excluding organic growth, if you could take 100 people at a time, you would need 10,000 trips to get to a million people. But you would also need a lot of cargo to support those people. In fact, your cargo to person ratio is going to be quite high. It would probably be 10 cargo trips for every human trip, so more like 100,000 trips. And we’re talking 100,000 trips of a giant spaceship…If we can establish a Mars colony, we can almost certainly colonise the whole Solar System, because we’ll have created a strong economic forcing function for the improvement of space travel. We’ll go to the moons of Jupiter, at least some of the outer ones for sure, and probably Titan on Saturn, and the asteroids. Once we have that forcing function, and an Earth-to-Mars economy, we’ll cover the whole Solar System. But the key is that we have to make the Mars thing work. If we’re going to have any chance of sending stuff to other star systems, we need to be laser-focused on becoming a multi-planet civilisation. That’s the next step.”
― Elon Musk
- Cybernetics ““Cybernetics” comes from a Greek word meaning “the art of steering”. Try this introductory video. Cybernetics is about having a goal and taking action to achieve that goal. From the Greek, “cybernetics” evolved into Latin as “governor”. Draw your own conclusions.
- Autonomous Self-Replicating Robotics ““Humans were still not only the cheapest robots around, but also, for many tasks, the only robots that could do the job. They were self-reproducing robots too. They showed up and worked generation after generation; give them 3000 calories a day and a few amenities, a little time off, and a strong jolt of fear, and you could work them at almost anything. Give them some ameliorative drugs and you had a working class, reified and coglike.” ― Kim Stanley Robinson, 2312
- Molecular Manufacturing “Advanced nanotechnology, known as molecular manufacturing, will give the ability to construct a wide range of large objects inexpensively and with atomic precision. It will take us beyond materials and devices to complex systems of molecular machines, inspired by—but in some ways superior to—those found in nature.”
- Megascale Engineering ” Megascale engineering is about building/creating or using structures on a extremely large scale, at least 1000 kilometres in diameter, often incorporating highly advanced and/or speculative technology. Typical examples are orbit-to-ground Beanstalks, moving planets, Dyson Spheres and Stellar Husbandry.”
- Mind Uploading “Mind uploading is a popular term for a process by which the mind, a collection of memories, personality, and attributes of a specific individual, is transferred from its original biological brain to an artificial computational substrate.”
- Artificial General Intelligence (AGI)” Artificial general intelligence (AGI) is the representation of generalized human cognitive abilities in software so that, faced with an unfamiliar task, the AI system could find a solution. An AGI system could perform any task that a human is capable of. “
SOME WAYS TO HELP:
– SENS Research Foundation: http://www.sens.org/
– Methuselah Foundation: http://mprize.org/
– Movement for Indefinite Life Extension (MILE)!
– Life Extension Foundation: http://www.lef.org/
– Kurzweil Accelerating Intelligence: http://www.kurzweilai.net/
– Resources on Indefinite Life Extension: http://rationalargumentator.com/RILE.html/
– Manhattan Beach Project: http://www.manhattanbeachproject.com/
…………………….. …………………….. …………………….. …………………….. …………………….. ….
Posted in Anti-fascism, History, Media, State / Politics, That’s Capitalism!, War on Terror | Tagged Aaron Long, Abhorrent Australian Memes, Abhorrent Australian Memes Did Nothing Wrong, Alex Annenkov, Allan Worth, Andrew Anglin, Andrew Wilson, antifa notes, Antipodean Resistance, Australian Conservatives Party, Australian National Alliance, Australians vs Neoliberal & Right Wing Politics, austranati, Bannon Jones, Blair Cottrell, Boston White, Buster McDuff, Claudia Benitez, Clive Palmer, Conservative National Party, Daily Stormer, Dan Spiller, Dia Beltran, Dominion League, Dr James Saleam, Dr Jim Saleam, Eureka Youth League, Frank Salter, Fraser ‘Final Solution’ Anning, Fraser Anning, Fraser Anning’s Conservative National Party, Future Now Australia, Henni Mostert, Hon Charles Smith MLC, INFIDEL BROTHERHOOD SPEAK WITHOUT FEAR, Jaiden Armstrong Penney, James Saleam, Jim Saleam, Katter’s Australian Party, Kevin MacDonald, Klub Nation, Klub Naziya, Lads Society, Mark McDonald, Matthew Grant, Memes for the Urban Gentleman, Michael Heaney, Morgan Munro, Mosman Park, National Action, Neil Erikson, neo-Nazi, neo-Nazism, New Guard, Outsider’s Support Group 2.0, Palmer United Party, Palmy Army, Patriotic Youth League, Pauline Hanson/One Nation Supporters & Discussion Forum, Pauline Hanson’s One Nation, Pauline Hanson’s One Nation Party, Proud South African in Perth, Public Information Forum, R&CO Agency, Radomir Kobryn-Coletti, Simon Hickey, Smerff Electrical, Social Technologies, socialtechnologies.com.au, Squadron 88, Steele Archer Hawes, Stefan Eracleous, Sydney Traditionalist Forum, Sydney Traditionalists, T.J. Vacher, The Australian Traditional Nationalist, THE BOLT REPORT SUPPORTERS GROUP, The Daily Stormer, The Lads Society, The Unhinged, The Unshackled, Thomas Brasher, Thomas Hopper, Tim Wilms, Tyson John Vacher, Tyson Vacher, United Australia Party, United Nationalists of Australia, Volksfront, Volksfront Australia, XYZ | Leave a comment